What Is CHAS?
The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme
Is an authority and trusted advisor on health and safety compliance. Their accreditation scheme acts as a pre-qualification tool during the tender process.
Some buyers require a contractor is CHAS accredited before they allow you to tender. Organisations range from councils, schools and other public-sector bodies and private organisations like care homes and new build estates etc.
The purpose of CHAS is to help both buyers and suppliers in the assessment of health and safety competence. With over 900 organisations actively seeking work through one of the approved contractors, CHAS is the most popular H&S accreditation in the UK.
We have helped clients in multiple industries become CHAS accredited
CHAS will help your Business
- It brings value to your business. It emphasises to potential clients that you are taking your health, safety and wellbeing obligations seriously.
- It improves your professional image and allows you to win work that you otherwise wouldn’t be able too.
- It helps to reduce the time-consuming process of tendering for new work. Reducing Administration time.
- Affiliates your business with the SSIP
70,000 UK Contractors Are Already CHAS Registered
Start Your Application Cost
CHAS Under 5 Employee Application £249 + vat
Chas 5 and over Employee Application £449 + vat
Plus awarding body fees - www.chas.co.uk/our-services/fees
How Can beAccredited Help?
The application process can seem quite daunting and is often a lengthy process but do not worry, our expert consultants can take this hassle away from you. CHAS require some very specific documents and training that you may not already have in place. We will identify these gaps and provide you with support and guidance in ensuring that you’re deemed compliant and remain so in accordance with the accreditation body.
With any accreditation beAccredited manage, you also get:
- Competent Health and Safety Support – This is not only a requirement for accreditation, it is also a legal requirement under the Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999.
- An extended trial of our revolutionary RAMs app – www.rams-app.co.uk allowing you to make digital, branded, cloud stored risk assessment documents in minutes
- Discounts on additional accreditation taken out or on renewals if you refer anyone to us www.beaccredited.com/referral/