be Accredited is a trading name of Faction Health and Safety Group Ltd. safeguarding the privacy of our clients / users.
We are located at:
Faction Health and Safety Group
Friis Studio, YBN, Delta Bank Rd, Gateshead, NE11 9DJ
Tel: +44 (0)8000 662957
(WEBSITE, EMAIL, VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS)
In this Policy, the following words and phrases have the following meanings:
“Consent” means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which they, by a statements or by clear affirmative action, signify their agreement to the processing of personal data relating to them.
“Data protection legislation” means the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 and any other applicable primary or secondary legislations may be in force in the UK from time to time.
“Data subject” means a living identified or identifiable individual about whom the Company holds personal data.
“Personal data” is any information relating to a data subject who can be identified (directly or indirectly) either from those data alone or by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that data subject. It excludes anonymised data, i.e. where all identifying particulars have been removed.
“Processing” is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collecting, recording, organising, structuring, storing, adapting, altering, retrieving, using, disclosing, disseminating, restricting, erasing or destroying. It also includes transmitting or transferring personal data to third parties.
“Special categories of personal data” means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning the physical or mental health of a data subject or data concerning a data subject’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Faction Health and Safety Group Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This website is owned by Faction Health and Safety Group Ltd and we are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit to us.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our site and by providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, the data controller is Faction Health and Safety Group Ltd, Friis Studio, YBN, Delta Bank Rd, Gateshead, NE11 9DJ.
INFORMATION WE MAY BE GIVEN FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us – this may arise from you filling out online forms or emailing us directly, or corresponding with us by phone. This includes information when making initial contact such as name, address, business name, services required and contact details (email address and telephone numbers). Also when you update information about your personal details, business details, financial or payment details, or report a problem with our site or services.
- Payment details for bank accounts , financial data for card payment details
- Costings and budget information that you may provide to us
INFORMATION WE MAY ASK YOU FOR
In order for us to provide you with our best business services it will be necessary for us to collect information from you such as:
- Contact name(s)
- Business addresses and personal addresses
- Contact details including landline numbers, mobile phone numbers, email addresses and web site
- In some instances bank account details may be required for any monetary refunds and card payment details may be asked for over the telephone. ** At no point does the Company or its employees store card details when/if you pay by debit/credit card.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To set up a client account on our database to enable us to record accurately which services you require and when.
- To ensure that the information given to one of our staff members (who will provide this service) is accurate and up to date.
- To provide you with the necessary documentation such as certificates of maintenance, client letters, location sheets, invoicing, service agreements, purchase orders, statements and any other relevant business service information.
- To provide you with the information, products and services you ask for, and honour any service agreement that you have with us.
- To enable us to set up accurate financial information and meet our legal obligations i.e. tax, VAT, invoices and accounting records.
- For in-house research and internal statistical purposes only when we evaluate our range of services
- To inform you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. To provide you with information on goods and services that we provide that may be of interest to you and related only to the nature of our business and yours. ** Please let us know in writing if you do not want information on our other business services.
- To notify you about changes to our services or pricing structures
- To efficiently manage customer service queries
- To administer our web site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, research, and data analysis of users to our site.
- To allow you to participate with interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To improve our website to ensure the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer / mobile device.
- To provide annual accounting information to our accountants for book keeping purposes only.
- For the processing of card payments taken by telephone or through electronic banking.
WHO WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Faction Health and Safety Group Ltd DO NOT share your information with any other third party with the exception of our accountants on an annual basis. The information provided to them is password protected.
We do not disclose your personal information to a third party, however if we were to sell the business we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please contact us by:
Email: email@example.com for the attention of the Data Protection and Compliance Manager.
In writing to The Data Protection and Compliance Manager, Faction Health and Safety Group Ltd, Friis Studio, YBN, Delta Bank Rd, Gateshead, NE11 9DJ
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data we collect from you will be stored within:
- Our internal electronic database systems, internal electronic accounting programme and internal paper filing systems. Our electronic systems are all password protected and passwords are only held by the relevant staff member for each process. Our database has an automated warning response system in place to prevent unauthorised access.
- The Company and its staff members will only process personal data on the basis of lawful and fair processing as outlined in the GDPR 2018.
- The Company has network backup procedures in place to ensure that personal data held in electronic format cannot be accidentally lost, destroyed or damaged.
The data protection legislation requires the Company to notify any personal data breach to the Information Commissioner’s Office within 72 hours after becoming aware of the breach and, where there is a high risk to the rights and freedoms of data subjects, to the data subject themselves. A personal data breach is any breach of security which leads to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed and includes any act or omission that compromises the confidentiality, integrity or availability of personal data or the safeguards that we, or our third-party service providers, have put in place to protect them. The Company has procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and you are required to comply with these. If you know or suspect that a personal data breach has occurred, you must immediately contact our Data Protection and Compliance Manager and retain any evidence you have in relation to the breach
If at any time you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to us at The Data Protection and Compliance Manager, Faction Health and Safety Group Ltd , Friis Studio, YBN, Delta Bank Rd, Gateshead, NE11 9DJ and verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.
LAWFULNESS AND FAIRNESS
Personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
This principle means that both the Company and members of staff may only collect, process and share personal data about you lawfully and fairly and for specific purposes.
The data protection legislation provides that processing is only lawful in certain circumstances. These include where:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject, e.g. a service agreement is in place or will be in put in place at the agreement of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
- the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations
- the processing is necessary to protect the data subject’s vital interests (or someone else’s vital interests)
- The processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), where the data subject’s interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not override our interests; the purposes for which we process personal data for legitimate interests must also be set out in an appropriate privacy notice.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for any internal marketing purposes. We will always inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes, Youi can exercise your right to prevent such processing by writing or emailing:
The Company Data Protection and Compliance Manager, Faction Health and Safety Group, Friis Studio, YBN, Delta Bank Rd, Gateshead, NE11 9DJ, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of those areas connected to HSE information. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to them.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £20 to meet our administrative costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you.
HOW LONG WILL WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet any legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
The Company will generally hold personal data, including special categories of personal data belonging to clients, customers and suppliers for the duration of our business relationship with them.
Once our business relationship with a client, customer or supplier has been terminated, we will generally hold their personal data, including special categories of personal data and criminal records personal data, for one year after the termination of the business relationship, but this is subject to: (a) any minimum statutory or other legal, tax, health and safety, reporting or accounting requirements for particular data or records, and (b) the retention of some types of personal data for up to six years to protect against legal risk, e.g. if they could be relevant to a possible legal claim in a County Court or High Court.
Overall, this means that we will “thin” the file of personal data that we hold on clients, customers and suppliers one year after the termination of the business relationship, so that we only continue to retain for a longer period what is strictly necessary.
The Company Data Protection and Compliance Manager , Faction Health and Safety Group Ltd, Friis Studio, YBN, Delta Bank Rd, Gateshead, NE11 9DJ, email@example.com.